Our Spiritual Intelligence is that deep inner knowledge, wisdom and understanding that goes beyond our learned intelligence. This Intelligence can see all things, including the bigger picture of our lives. It knows all things too, unlike the limited awareness of our own thinking minds.
Here are my five top tips for bringing this Intelligence into our own lives and leadership positions:
- Our Spiritual Intelligence talks to us through our intuition, gut feelings and inner hunches. Be willing to act on the ideas we receive in this way, rather than over-riding them with our thinking. They may seem unrealistic, other-worldly and not logical, yet this guidance knows the right way forward in any situation.
- Spend time daily in quietness, contemplation and ideally, stillness. As we give ourselves the time to slow our thinking, to focus on our breath, rather than our endless thoughts, so our Spiritual Intelligence can guide us more easily. Even just 5 minutes spent calming our mind, just listening to the sounds around us, can open us up to our inner Intelligence.
- Our Spiritual Intelligence is that creative energy within us. It can generate new creative ideas and opportunities for us. It can also assist us in bringing these creative ideas to fruition. If you want a new creative project for 2014, ask your Spiritual Intelligence, and be open to the answer you receive.
- Our Spiritual Intelligence is always guiding us towards good relationships and harmonious working situations. This means doing the best we can to let go of judgement, criticism and blame. It means too, that we have to be willing to see people differently, rather than just through our limited perceptions, that believe we are “always right”. It means that we have to cut others some slack where we can, and be willing to forgive and forget.
- Lastly, our Spiritual Intelligence nudges us to collaborate with others, rather than compete against them. It guides us to work for the greater good, rather than our own personal good, and it wants us to join forces to make a positive difference in the world. When we do this, we can be truly powerful.
As we come to recognise the validity of the wisdom we receive from our Spiritual Intelligence, the more we recognise the truth of who we are – a powerful, wise person who does their best to let go of the past and stay focused on the goodness of the present moment.